“Functional Medicine is not about treating a specific symptom. It’s about looking for the “why”. It’s about identifying what the root cause of the imbalances are and how to restore proper function back into your life. To know the “why”, you can then treat the root cause.”
About Dr. Doug Hall
Dr. Douglas Hall was born in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1941. He received his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Florida, trained in functional medicine at the Institute of Functional Medicine in Gig Harbor, Washington, and served in the U.S. Air Force Medical Corp. Dr. Hall has 44 years experience in practice, with 25 in functional medicine.
He is a member of the Age Management Medicine Group, the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the American Chiropractic Association Council on Nutrition, the Endocrine Society, and the Institute of Functional Medicine. Additionally, he is a recipient of the Honor of the Diplomat of American Clinical Board of Nutrition.Dr. Hall has been in private practice since 1974 and currently has a large practice in Ocala, specializing in OB/GYN and Functional Medicine. We are happy to have Dr. Hall as part of the Thrive Healthcare team.
- Physician, Medical Director – Douglas C Hall MD Functional Medicine & Gynecology
- Medical Director, Founder – Medical Detective
- Courtesy Clinical Professor – University of Florida College of Medicine
- Chief of Staff – Columbia Ocala Regional Medical Center
- Residency at Shands Hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
- Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida